FRIDA Grants provide funding to support research projects and innovative initiatives that seek to explore the potential of information and communications technology for promoting Internet access and the region’s social and economic development.
Call for Proposals 2017
In 2017, FRIDA will offer one single USD 20,000 grant. The selected project will have to be executed within a period of twelve months.
This year only submissions in line with the following category will be accepted:
Internet development. Innovative solutions for developing an open, stable and secure Internet, including topics such as access, infrastructure, the Internet of Things, IPv6, cybersecurity, open standards and Internet governance. Read more about this category.
Projects interested in applying for the FRIDA Grant must have three main components:
- Technical component. The project must address Internet development as its central theme and explain the technical component around which the proposal will be developed.
- Innovation component. All projects must propose an innovative approach to address specific Internet development issues faced by the region. In other words, they must present new strategies, notions, ideas, methods and processes that respond to specific needs and which are able to broaden and strengthen Internet development.
- Social impact component. Given the social role of the Internet, project proposals should seek to create social value and prove how they will meet the needs of their specific target communities
Before submitting your proposal, we invite you to read our frequently asked questions. If you have any further questions, please contact the program officer at email@example.com.
Click here to submit your project via the FRIDA Application Platform: http://programafrida.net/en/frida-application-platform. Note: Proposals will be accepted until 23:59 hrs. Uruguay time (UTC-3).
To facilitate the application process, the 2017 call for proposals will be divided into two stages. In the first stage, applicants must submit a summary of their project through the FRIDA Application Platform. Only shortlisted projects will move on to the second stage during which the submission of a more extensive proposal will be required.
Note on July 10, 2017: The dates of the process have been updated as follows.
- Call for project proposals opens: Wednesday 10 May 2017
- Final deadline for submitting project proposals: Friday 23 June 2017, 23:59 hr (UTC-3).
- Shortlisting: Monday 26 June – Wednesday 12 July 2017
- Submission of detailed proposals for shortlisted projects: Thursday 13 July – Friday 28 July 2017
- Final selection process: Monday 31 July – Friday 25 August 2017
- Announcement of results: Wednesday 30 August 2017